Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Links -- Volume 25

Another good week of writing.  Don't know how long it's going to last, but I'm going to milk it for all it's worth.

I saw Captain America this week.  AWESOME!  Don't ever accuse Marvel of not wanting to take risks. How many of you saw Captain America before watching this week's Agents of Shield TV show?  If you didn't, were you shocked by what happened during the episode?  Were you confused?  Changes are coming in the Marvel universe.

Advice on writing queries and synopses was the big thing this last week, so I have three of them for you in today's links.  Have a great weekend!

ChemistKen
----------------------------

How to Write the Dreaded Query Letter

A Synopsis Checklist

The Complete Guide to Query Letters That Get Manuscript Requests

An Editor's List of Novel Shortcomings

Sorry, Your Services are no Longer Required: Eliminating Characters

Looking for an editor? Check them out very carefully!

The Key to Creating Suspense Is...



13 comments:

  1. I was stoked to see this week's S.H.I.E.L.D. after seeing Captain America. It was awesome and has changed everything now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wonder what the people who saw the episode (but hadn't seen the movie yet) thought when everything began changing. Especially the nes about Nick Fury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't checked out the episode yet, but I'm planning on catching up on some watching this weekend. And thanks for the links! Going to check some of these out in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Friday links. Thanks, Ken!

    ReplyDelete