Friday, April 10, 2015

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 71

This weekend, my daughter, son, and I have tickets to the Midwest Media Expo (a poor man's ComiCon?) and I'm already girding my loins in preparation.  My wife and I have spent a lot of late evenings this past week helping our kids prepare their costumes for the event, so besides being tired and sleep deprived, I'm also worried that my daughter's costume (which involves moving parts) may not survive the ordeal.  I don't even know if it will survive the first day.  Wish us luck, please!

Assuming I survive the weekend, all I have to do is worry about is filling out my tax returns and then I can finally get around to worrying about the simple things again.  Like how my protagonist is going to get out of her most recent jam.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links!

ChemistKen


How the Rule of Three Can Help Writers Avoid Backstory Slumps

3 Ways For Self-Publishers to Break Into the Public Library Market

The Big "W" and Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey Story Arc

Three Techniques for Building Great Set Pieces

Study the Pros: Map Your Favorite Novel

Bad Emotions Made Good

Spotting—and Avoiding– “Pay to Play” Publishing Contracts



3 comments:

  1. Hope the costume holds together! Have a good time. Don't spend too much. Unless that's the goal of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend;) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a blast :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete