Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Links -- Volume 50

Another week gone!  Where does all the writing time go?

My mom is visiting this week, so I don't expect to get much writing done.  How about you guys?  Do you sneak off and write when you have visitors?  Does your spouse have to explain your constant absences?  Come on now, be honest.

Have a great weekend!
ChemistKen



Grant of Rights . . . Or Wrongs?

How to Prep for Author Events

A Reader’s Manifesto: 12 Hardwired Expectations Every Reader Has

How to Use Traps to Create Suspense in Fiction

The Potential Perils and Pitfalls of Signing with a Small Press – And How to Avoid Them

NaNoWriMo Prep: Planning Your Novel’s Beginning

4 comments:

  1. Only once! Because when I'm writing, that's what I have to do. Enjoy the visit with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No guests allowed! That's how I handle it in my house; it's my sanctuary. Guests can stay in hotels. Good luck getting something done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I've got this terribly habit of disappearing when people visit. Either I'm cleaning (because the fifteen hours of cleaning before that weren't enough), or I'm sneaking off to take a break because of those 15 hours of cleaning. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I give up writing when I have visitors. But sometimes it works out in my favor. My parents will take my kids over to my brother's. Then it's free childcare for me, and I get more writing done!

    ReplyDelete