Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Links -- Volume 14

Today is Friday Links Day, but since I spent last Wednesday’s post lamenting at how badly I’d missed 2013’s goals, it seems only natural I should announce my goals for 2014 first.

1. Finish my Hogwarts story! I’ve learned a ton about writing fiction by working on this story, but after five years, enough is enough. Of course, that's what I said last year too.

2. Finish the rough draft of my Wizard’s story. This is probably too optimistic, so I’ll be satisfied if I get the basic structure of the story down on paper.

3. Get more active on Twitter and Facebook. Nothing drastic, but I have to develop a schedule and stick to it. And if this means I have to rebuild my computer, so be it.

4. Keep moving up in the Insecure Writers Support Group Linky List. I’m currently at Link #45!

5. Switch over from Blogger to Wordpress. I’m listing this as a tentative goal, because it’s not critical. But because of Blogger’s Terms of Agreement, I’d rather make the switch before I started posting my fanfic story on my blog.

On to the links!  And have a great weekend!

The 100 Best Websites for Writers for 2014
Congratulations to Janice Hardy for making the list!

The Business Rusch: Pricing (Discoverability Part 7)

The Dreaded Synopsis

Simplify Your Story–Before You Lose Readers

Novel Construction Begins with Concept

Marketing is Easy, Writing is Hard



3 comments:

  1. Joining Triberr forced me to be more regular on Twitter. I have to check at least twice a day now.
    Moving up the IWSG list! Funny, every first Wednesday one of my followers adds '#XXX until Alex culls the list again' to her signature. Makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't laugh. I've considered adding my list number to my IWSG post every month.

      Delete
  2. Darn, I'd be higher on the IWSG if I hadn't been culled, by accident I hope. I like your goals. When you switch to wordpress, I want to know if you're happy with it. I don't think I would be because of the inability to post linky lists and other html code. But maybe on Weebly? I could reactivate my blog there. Maybe you should play around with that instead of Wordpress. I think they have a lot more templates than before and no content owning issues.

    ReplyDelete