Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Links

Here’s an article which should be of interest to writers. How Paperbacks Transformed the Way Americans Read. Interesting. Makes me wonder if we’ll be reading a similar article about e-books in ten or twenty years.

Madeline Ashby’s debut novel, vN, came out a couple of weeks ago and there is a small writeup about it over at BoingBoing. Sounds fascinating. Perhaps if I were better connected to the reading world (instead of spending all my free time writing) I might have heard about this one before now.

Finally, have you heard of LeakyCon? It’s one of the annual Harry Potter conventions and it wrapped up this last weekend in Chicago. I’ve never been to one, but would love to attend one at least once. It’s probably not going to happen though (unless it comes to Detroit – yeah, right!) What makes me really jealous is that next year LeakyCon will be held in London. OMG! I’d take a trip to London even if LeakyCon wasn’t there.  And this is from soneone who doesn't like airplanes! Anyway, Selina Wilkens over at Hypable wrote a quick article describing her experiences at LeakyCon .

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I went to Leaky Con in Chicago last Friday! It was a bit of a madhouse--any event with 4,000 people is bound to be--but it was definitely a joyous experience. Saw Evanna Lynch via sneaking around where I shouldn't have been, and also went to a puppet pals event where they performed live. There was even a guy dressed up as Umbridge walking around showing people pictures of his kittens. In short, you *must* go sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete