Friday, January 14, 2011

Too Many Blogs, Not Enough Time!

I’ve been a naughty boy.

Instead of spending the little free time I have diligently working on my story, I’ve spent the last three days searching the Internet for web sites devoted to writing. And what I’ve discovered is there are a bazillion writing blogs out there; each chock full of links to more sites, which contain even more links. At the rate I am collecting links, I won’t be able to finish checking them out until sometime during the summer.

It appears every writer on the planet has a blog, which probably isn’t all that surprising when you thing about it; but between all the posting by the owners of the blogs and all the commenting by other writers wo visit, who is getting any real work done? Of course, I’m a (newbie) writer myself and I keep a blog and make comments on other writers' blogs, so I shouldn’t point any fingers, but searching for writing blogs has become damn addicting. I may have to unplug the computer from the net for a while if I expect to make any progress on my story this year.

So I curse all of you whose blogs have stolen time away from me.

I’d also like to thank you for all the great blog posts and excellent tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment