Wednesday, August 7, 2019

On Vacation!

I'm returning home today from a family vacation at Virginia Beach, and since I somehow convinced myself that the first Wednesday of the month would not occur during the trip, I don't  have an IWSG post ready for this month. However, I can still answer this month's question: Has your writing ever taken you by surprise?

I'm still early in my writing career, but the first big surprise I received from my writing was the first time I looked back at an earlier chapter and realized it wasn't a mess (which up until then hadn't been the case). I guess practice makes perfect after all.

I won't be visiting other IWSG sites today since I'll be on the road, but I look forward to seeing you all next month when I'm one of the co-hosts.

Happy writing!

ChemistKen

12 comments:

  1. That is a nice surprise. I hope you enjoyed your trip. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on that. It does amaze me when I read something I've written, edited, and think it sounds good. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Virginia Beach area. Did you visit the aquarium?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a very happy surprise! Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great surprise to see that things are working. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you trips was smooth and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having a fun and safe trip! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a similar surprise at one point. I read something I wrote and thought for a moment that somebody else must've written it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when that happens--when a piece I've written isn't as bad as I had thought. ;)

    Hope your vacation was great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday. Blessings

    ReplyDelete