Friday, January 12, 2018

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 179

https://pixabay.com/en/users/josemanuelbotana-958941/


It's less than two weeks into the new year, and I'm already happy with my writing progress. I finally worked out how to extricate my character from the dire situation I put her in last year, and based on the positive comments I received from my critique group last night, they approved of my solution too. 

I've had good writing weeks before, but they were usually followed by a week or two of minimal progress, mostly because I allowed myself to ease off on the writing. But not this time! One of my resolutions this year is to keep pushing forward, no matter what. 

Wish me luck! 

Enjoy the links and have a great weekend! 

ChemistKen 



11 Creative Ways to Boost Reader Engagement

So What? Making Readers Care About Your Story

Understanding Your Print Book Formatting Options

Author Platform Cheat Sheet

Publishing Wide: Selling Ebooks And Print Books Direct From Your Author Website

Writing five minutes a day for a year equals a book

How to Stand Out in the Slush Pile 101



8 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Make it three weeks in a row and you've established a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, some really nice links. Thank you. I hear you. I can't get to writing everyday anymore. Work often drains me to pulp that can't recall it has a name. lol There's nothing wrong with doing what's reasonable. I know it sounds like I'm publishing a lot this year, but most of it is already written. Most of it is formatting and editing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good resolution. Glad to hear you had a good writing week, and I hope you're able to keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to keep writing! don't stop!
    and thanks for the links!
    happy 2018!
    Tara Tyler Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always here with wishes for luck in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got on a schedule, too, Ken, inspired by you! I'm amazed at how much better my ideas and edits are when I'm doing this regularly.

    ReplyDelete