Friday, March 24, 2017

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 162

I traveled to Missouri last week to visit my mom and brother, which explains the recent inactivity around here. For me, the worst part of the trip isn't the flight to St. Louis (Hint: I'm NOT a good flyer),  it's the three hour drive down to Springfield. 

However, this time I was armed with an audio book, and the miles just flew by.  I listened to Dreadnought, the third book in the Starship Blackbeard series by Michael Wallace. Not only does this guy know his space opera, but the distinctive British feel gave this book a certain flare that sets it apart.  The voice actor was fantastic, and since all the Audible books in the series are priced at $2 apiece, this is an absolute steal.  If you're into space opera, I can't recommend this series highly enough. 

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links! 

ChemistKen 


10 Ways First-Time Writers Can Get Noticed on Social Media

Pronoun. Distribution Beyond Amazon

Writing a Murder Mystery: The Conflict Character

Tension vs. Conflict (Hint: They aren't the Same Thing)

Can Changing Your Book Covers Really Help You Sell More Books?

3 Unconventional Ways To Use Social Media To Effectively Find Your Readers

8 1/2 Tips for How to Write Opening and Closing Lines Readers Will Love to Quote



5 comments:

  1. That is a steal.
    I'm not a fan of flying either. Add a three hour drive and it just sounds miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good series. I love how a good audio book can help on long drives like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give that series a look. I love a good space opera, and it happens to be genre I write too, lol.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links, Ken. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to listen to audio books while I'm working. Thanks for the tip. I still miss Firefly. *sigh*

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete