In terms of my personal life, I’m thankful for:
- My family,
- My health,
- Having found a new job when my previous one dried up back in September,
- My friends
- All the little things that make me happy.
As far as my writing life, I’m thankful for:
- My critique partners, who point out the stuff that never would have occurred to me. I’ve learned so much about writing because of their efforts.
- My online crit groups, who are often the
guinea pigslucky recipients of my terrible first drafts.
- An active imagination which keeps supplying me with new ideas for my stories.
- All the supportive writers I’ve met online, especially those belonging to Alex Cavanaugh's Insecure Writers Support Group.
- My family (again), who has been incredibly supportive of my writing habit, even if they can’t understand why it takes me so long to finish a story.
- And finally, I’m thankful for J.K. Rowling, whose stories started me down this path of writing. She turned me from being someone who hated writing into someone who now wishes he could find even more time to write.
So what are you most thankful for?