Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Links -- Volume 27

Last weekend left me feeling kind of lazy, so I didn't get as much writing done this week as I might have hoped.   Sometimes it's good to sit back and recharge.  Still, I'm hoping I'll feel guilty enough this weekend to jump back into my stories with a vengeance.

As always, enjoy the links and have a great weekend!
Chemist Ken

Parts of Story: How Setting Can Help Bring Characters To Life

Ack! Queries! Part 2 – Elements of a Successful Query

Using A Crowd To Create Tension In Your Story

Starting the Story “In the Action”—Understanding “In Medias Res”

What Killed It For Me, #7: Issues with Sequels

How to Write Blog Content: 9 Tips to Entice Readers to Your Author Blog

How to Create a Print Book

Blogging: Tips, Tricks, and Knowing Your Goals



26 comments:

  1. I can always use help with setting. Not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be talking about my struggles with setting in a post next week. Sounds like we could all use some help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a terrible time with setting, one of the hardest aspects of writing for me.
    Hope you have a productive weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I will be spending most of Saturday with my daughter at a forensics competition. I'll have to do all my writing at night. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the links. The query one is very helpful since I'll be doing that very soon. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of those links might help us set up our Wordpress blogs to attract more followers who'll like what we post. Forensics competition? I didn't know they had such a thing. But what I really came to say is that I recruited another reader/reviewer to help with my TBR pile so maybe I'll get to write something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! There's just too much awesomeness in this post. What's a girl to do? Guess I better get reading, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great links! I don't know where to begin! Maybe I'll start with queries and then hop on over to blog content....Awesomeness!! :)

    ReplyDelete