Saturday, July 14, 2018

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 189

This Week's Writing Links
Photo Courtesy of Visual Hunt

In case anyone has been wondering, this blog is not going away. Yes, I realize my blogging output has been sporadic the last couple of months, but that's been the result of a combination of things--busy personal life, busy work life, and dedicating every second I have left revising my fanfiction story in preparation for uploading to Wattpad. I've even ignored my own urban fantasy for the last month or so, much to the dismay of my critique group. 

Heck, I even forgot July's IWSG post. Admittedly, I was on vacation, but that's not much of an excuse. 

So bear with me until I get my writing life back under control. In the meantime, enjoy this week's writing links! 


ChemistKen 



Missed Connections: How Characterization Creates Chemistry

How To Write Evocative Characters Through Action And Strong Language

Writing Extreme Characteristics

6 Ways to Manipulate Time in Fiction

How To Write Bad Characters

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Writing Critique Groups

Working with Multiple Plot Lines--Is There a Specific Way?



5 comments:

  1. At least you've been writing.
    No worries about missing one IWSG. But you know what happens when you miss two in a row...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an almost polished fanfic and that's something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. Hope you had a good break and wonderful that you have been writing! I need to get back into the swing of things after my vacation too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get there! Looking forward to seeing you on Wattpad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're busy doing what you love. Don't worry about us. We aren't going anywhere. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete