Friday, January 27, 2017

Seven Writing Links -- Volume 156

I'm pleased to report my cold symptoms are pretty much gone--well, except for the "I feel like sleeping all the time" part. I've struggled to stay awake during work this last week, especially during those "after lunch" meetings, but what's REALLY been hard is finding the motivation to write. The only reason I've managed to write at all is because my crit group submission is due tomorrow. Needless to say, my blog reading has been severely impacted for the past couple of weeks, so I apologize to all of you whose blogs I haven't visited in a while. 

In other news, all the work I'm putting into writing is finally having a positive effect on my family. Last weekend, we saw the new animated movie, SING! I won't give away any spoilers, but an epic disaster occurs three quarters of the way into the movie (right when it's supposed to happen according to standard story structure). My daughter leaned over to me and asked, "This is the "all-is-lost moment, right?" I nodded, pleased that she'd spotted it. Then my wife, who was sitting on my other side, leaned over and whispered, "The all-is-lost moment, right?" 

I nodded again, then wiped the tear from my eye. I've never been prouder as a writer. 

Have a great weekend and enjoy the links! 

ChemistKen 


The Most Important Question in Storytelling: “Why?”

"Going Wide" Part 2 - Gaining Traction on Kobo

Selling Books Through Social Media Vs. Selling Books Through Ads

How to Write First-Person Internalization

How to Keep Readers Happy When Your Character’s Unlikeable

How to Liven Up Your Mentor Character

Story Genius on Backstory


1 comment: