Friday, January 16, 2015

7 Writing Links -- volume 59

I've managed to get some writing done this week, but most of my time was spent either critiquing/beta-reading for other writers or working on our home computer. 

Last Friday I mentioned I was upgrading our computer from Windows XP to Windows 8.1.  Needless to say I'm still working on it.  Missing DVDs, problems with the BIOS, out of date drivers, new cabling, switching from Outlook email to Thunderbird, the list goes on and on.  I've solved most of the problems, so all that's left is reinstalling some programs.  Wish I could find where I put that damn Quicken install disk.

Anyway, I'm a much happier camper today.

Enjoy the links!
And have a great weekend.

ChemistKen


Avoiding Clichés 

How To Grow Your Fiction Email List Subscribers. My Own Case Study

40 Questions to Ask When You Get THE CALL from an Agent 

5 Marketing Ways to Revive Your Series

A Peek Into The Cover Design Process

Tricks of the Trade 1: The Plant 

Characters and Character Relationships




5 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who misplaces those installation disks. Hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great links! Also, I have a special box just for install discs because, let's face it, when you catch computers on fire, you spend a lot of time installing software on new computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the computer change over! Those are some awesome links. I'll have to come back later when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had it all in hand with easy file transfer. Ha! Once all the components were put together I couldn't find my Windows 7 disc. The house got torn apart. I hadn't seen it for years. We did find it, but it took hours.

    Good luck with finding your disk. I'm proof positive it can be done.

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete