Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Links -- Volume 31

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but the Feedburner problems I mentioned a week or two ago seem to have fixed themselves, at least for the the moment.  My mailbox is now suddenly overflowing with email notifications for new blog content. While this means I'll need to spend this weekend catching up with all the blogs I follow, it also means I have plenty of links for you this week.

Enjoy the weekend!  Especially those of you who commemorate Memorial Day in the U.S.

ChemistKen

The Power of Covers

Blogging Tip: Increase Shares with Images that Pop

10 Reasons Why You Should Know How To Format Ebooks

Indie Writers: Make MS Word Work for You Instead of Against You

14 Questions to Ask Before You Self Publish

Varying the tension level to keep your readers’ interest

Your Query Checklist

Do Your Characters Need to Get a Life?

Uncontriving Characters

What Makes A Novel Into A Page-Turner?

All Hail Dilemmas: Why Your Characters Need to Make Tough Choices

7 comments:

  1. Some good ones! Definitely checking out the one about blog images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of info about where to find royalty free images too. It's fear of accidentally using illegal images that keeps me from using many of them on this website.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great list. So much good stuff on the blogsopshere. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it never ends either. Which means I'll never run out of things to learn. Arrrg!

      Delete
  3. I used to use a lot of Microsoft clipart. One post where I compared body parts to writing got more hits, I think because of all the images. Fear of accidentally using an image that wasn't free made me leary. I try to take my own pictures because of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, all those links above and the one that caught my eye was in your sidebar. Had to read the one about Galley editing!

      Delete
  4. A great list of blogs to visit. FYI you won the broom race with Bristles this weekend in Settler. Way to go! lol

    ReplyDelete